Pet Photography Workshop - Sandy River Delta - Part One
Time & Location
About The Event
This is going to be a 1 hour workshop for you to bring your pet to along with your camera and any questions you may have about how to take better photos of your pet! We will meet in the parking lot of the Sandy River Delta Park and then enter the 1000 acres park for some incredible photoshoot opportunities including fields and water! I will be there to share my tips and guidance on how you can achieve better quality photos of your pet and help to provide you with some tricks and things to consider when taking a photos of your pets!
WHAT TO BRING
1. Your Pet - 1000 Acres is a huge off leash dog park that offers many photo opportunities for you and your pet so make the most of this experience and bring your best friend along!
2. Your Camera - If you have a professional DSLR camera then bring it along! If you have a point and shoot then bring that! If you have a cell phone, while not ideal, bring it... Whatever you have right now to take photos of your pet, bring it along. That camera your relative bought you years ago that has been in the closet because you've been too afraid to use it? Now is your time! Are you already a photographer but just stumped on how to get better pet photos? Come along too!
3. A Friend or Family Member - We are going to put them to work! Well... sorta... they will be there to help you with holding your pet on leash for those photos and to help wrangle and monitor your pet while you are photographing and learning. It's not absolutely necessary to bring someone else, but if you can, its a BIG help for you - trust me on that.
4. Your Pets Favorite Toys or Treat - You know your pet best, so whether they are food motivated, affection motivated or toy motivated be sure to know the things that help to create that interested, head tilt look for your pup!
5. Your Questions - This is a work shop designed around providing some general tips when photographing your pet, but if you have any specific questions bring them along and I will do my best to help you out!
This workshop is the 1st part of a 3 part series. The first session will provide you with the experience of photographing your pet. The 2nd part will be the process of picking and editing your photos. The 3rd part will be ordering your favorite image that you edited and photographed and getting it created in a Fine Art piece for you to hang in your home!
For Part Two, you are going to need access to Lightroom or Photoshop and bring a laptop with you to the session along with the images you took from Part One. If you did not attend Part One, you are still welcome to take Part Two and just bring some pet photos you have taken and I will assist you in learning how to better edit them! Part Three will discuss how to select images for prints and include a credit to the gallery where your images will be held. From that gallery you will be able to select your print or fine art product of choice to commemorate the hard work you put in and beautiful artwork you created!